The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking applications from qualified Bangladeshi Nationals to fill the functions of Business Support Assistant (Nobo Jatra) at the SC-5 level for (12) Twelve months (Extendable), based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The approximate remuneration for this function will be BDT 69,981.00 per month.
Under the overall guidance of the National Coordinator – Nobo Jatra (DFAP), the Business Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective project implementation;
- Maintain Excel datasheet on finance and project budget, in compliance with WFP financial policies and project proposal;
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations;
- Provide specialized expertise in the field of cash transfer through mobile banking; support installing mobile banking system for WFP and provide capacity building of WFP staff and Cooperating Partners on cash transfer;
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources;
- Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions;
- Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines;
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff;
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff;
- Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes;
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Critical Success Factors: Strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background. Ability to interpret and analyze a wide variety of programme issues and statistical information, and to maintain accurate and precise records. Ability to communicate in a team with people from different nationalities, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals. Ability to work systematically, use initiative, good judgment, and to communicate complex matters both orally and in writing; proven ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals. Well organized and ability to meet strict deadlines, even when under work pressure.
Expected Results: Organized and precise records; well analyzed data with minimum supervision. Processing of work and related follow up done under general supervision. Use of own discretion to address unforeseen situations seeking advice from and/or reporting to supervisor as applicable. Meets all deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
Education: Higher Secondary Education. Preferably University degree and/or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance, or Social Science, or, any other relevant disciplines;
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible work experience including at least two years in the field of community and/or international development, emergency operations, disaster preparedness, cash and voucher programming or other related field. Experience in Finance and Admin is highly desirable.
Technical Skills: Skills in utilizing computers; MS Office such as Word, Excel. Working knowledge in spreadsheet and other software packages.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
Submission of application:
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application quoting this vacancy announcement number and Post title along with one copy of “CV”, updated “Personal History Form” and “Summery of Candidate’s Profile” to : Bangladesh_Vacancy_Announcement@wfp.org mentioning the position applied on the subject line by 30 August 2016. Incomplete applications will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.