The British High Commission is seeking a Consular Officer. The incumbent would be providing consular assistance to British nationals across Bangladesh (mostly Dhaka although with regular travel to Sylhet). We are looking for a resilient and organised individual with an ability to manage challenging workloads, working in collaboration with consular colleagues across the India and London network to deliver a high quality service to customers. It also offers the opportunity to travel across South India, building key partnerships with internal and external stakeholders. It occasionally might require travel at short notice and working outside normal working hours. All mandatory training would be provided along with a variety of developmental opportunities.
The key responsibilities include:
- Handle a full range of assistance cases, supporting British nationals and their families/relatives with tact, emotional awareness and within Consular guidelines.
- Meeting and assisting British nationals at the BHC counter and dealing with enquiries by email and telephone.
- Liaise, update and communicate Consular cases details where necessary with other posts or London e.g. Country Case Manager, Global Response Centre etc.
- Using Management Information Systems & Casebook for opening, logging and updating Consular cases and completing vulnerability checklists.
- Lead for section on Budget management.
- Provide backup and support for colleagues as required
- Active involvement in promotion of communication campaigns and assisting with outreach work within Bangladesh.
- Updating Crisis contacts and liaising with Contacts across to assist crisis team in preparation for any incident. Assisting with Consular Field Deployment Training.
For further details regarding the job specification and job application form, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/2ncBkr3
Position of “Consular Officer- A2” closes on 04th April 2017 midnight.