Russian New University (RosNOU), a non-governmental academy, came to the world eighteen years ago when a group of graduates of the so called “Phystech” – a world famous Moscow Institute of Applied Physics, founded by well known physicists and Nobel Prize winners P.L. Kapitsa, N.N. Semenov and L.D. Landau – decided to try and set to humanitarian education. The Moscow Institute of Applied Physics enjoys a solid reputation all over the world for its special system of training scientific experts.
It is no mere chance that the word “new” is included in the name of this higher education institution, because the academy represents an absolutely new model of scientific and educational establishment. The University progresses in the course of development. It took universities of such sort more than one decade to build a reputation in some other countries.
There is a spirit of cooperation in our University and currently Russian New University’s team of professors and tutors is working at developing an innovative system of training experts, enhancing scientific activity and widening international cooperation.
Some 25 thousands of experts have been trained at the University for the past 18 years.
Russian New University includes 5 Institutes, 8 Departments, 40 Sub-faculties and 17 Branches.
The teaching staff of the University has been training its students in compliance with 33 syllabuses of higher vocational training and 2 master’s degree curricula, 18 syllabuses of secondary vocational training, 18 syllabuses of post-graduate studies and several complementary educational curricula.
The teaching staff includes 700 professors and tutors, 70% of them with various academic degrees. There are academicians, Corresponding Members of AS and prominent professors lecturing at Russian New University. Many of them have been awarded various honorary titles: “Honored Scientist of RF”, “Honored Higher Education Worker of RF”, “Honorary Higher Vocational Training Worker of RF” and decorated with orders and medals of the USSR and RF governments. There are also a lot of USSR and RF prize-winners celebrated for their progress in scientific and educational work.
Departments and Majors
Department of Information Systems and Computer Technology
- Applied Computer Technology in Economics
- Applied Mathematics and Infomation Systems Administering
- Information Systems and Technology
- Applied Mathematics in Economics
- Complex Protection of Informatization Objects
Department of Humanities and Foreign Languages
- Interpreting and Translating: Theory and Practice
- Theory and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages and Cultures
- Public Relations
- Social Work
- Russian and Russian Literature
Department of Psychology and Pedagogics
- Applied Psychology
- Pedagogics and Psychology
- Preschool Pedagogics and Psychology
Department of Business-technologies in Tourist and Travel Industry
- Social and Cultural Service in Tourist Industry
- Tourist and Travel Industry
- Management in Business (Hotel, Tourist and Travel Business; Management in Sports; Innovative Management in Travel and Tourist Business with In-depth Study of Tourist Information Systems; Innovative Management in Tourist Business)
- Economics and Business Administration
Finance and Economics Department
- Finances and Credit
- Accounting, Analysis and Auditing
- World Economy
- Management in Business (Personnel Management; Management in Fuel-energy Corporations; Strategic Management; Information Management; Management in Telecommunication Business; Insurance Management; Innovative Management in Economy)
- Taxes and Taxation
Department of Law
- Science of Law
- Customs Management
Department of Industrial Specialization
- Management in Business (Health Protection Service; Construction; Various Sectors of Industry; Catering; Culture, Fashion and Design Business)
Department of Complementary (Second) Higher Education
Science of Law, Customs Service, Applied Computer Technology in Economics, Applied Mathematics and Information Systems Administering, Finances and Credit, Accounting, Analysis and Auditing, Business Management, Interpreting and Translating, Theory and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages and Cultures, Social and Cultural Service in Tourist Industry, Pedagogics and Psychology, Psychology and Logopaedics, Public Relations.
Foundation Studies Faculty for Foreign Nationals
The Faculty provides international students with a firm base of Russian language skills and a clearer idea of where they want to go next in their studies at Russian New University or other Russian universities and colleges..
Post-graduate and Doctorate Studies
- System analysis, data management and processing
- Management in social and economic systems
- Mathematical modeling, numerical methods and complexes
- Economics and national economy management: theory of management, macroeconomics, economics, innovation management, logistics, labour economics, population economics and demography, ecology and nature management, land-utilization.
- Finance, currency and credit
- Social philosophy
- General theory of law, History of state and law, History of political and law doctrines
- Civil law, business law, family law
- Criminal law and criminology
- Criminal procedure law, criminology and criminal expertise, theory of operative-investigation activity
- Administrative law, financial law, information law
- Theory and history of culture
- General pedagogy, history of pedagogics and education
- Theory and methods of cultural work
- Theory and methods of vocational training
- Theory of economics
- Economics and national economy management
Bachelor’s programmes in:
Applied mathematics and computer technology, applied computer technology, computer technology and engineering, information systems, management, psychology, pedagogics, social work, ecomony, jurisprudence.
Master’s programs in:
Individual programs / external studies
- Jurisprudence (Civil law, Criminal law)
- Economics (Management of Finance)
RosNOU scientists are the authors of 3 scientific discoveries in the health care sphere and of about 30 inventions in nanotechnology, power engineering, and medical technologies.
The fundamental discovery “Mechanisms of arterial pressure waves spread with blood vessels”, made by Alekseev V.B., Zernov V.A., Matsuk S.A., Rudenko Y.M., the basic operating principle for the unique apparatus called “Kardiokord”. The apparatus predicts myocardial infarction half a year ahead of its actual strike and stroke – two months ahead.
Another discovery made in the health care sphere was made by Stupakov G.P., Sherbinina N.V., Semenov B.F., Rolik I.S. The scientists called it “Mechanisms involved in chronic diseases development with human organs and systems”. The essence of the method is to treat some chronic diseases as products of microbe and viral intoxication.
One can take a treatment course and improve his physical being at RosNOU Centre of Health Preserving Technologies.
The Head of RosNOU Scientific Centre “Endo-ecology”, Professor Levin Y.M., is the author of a new of field of medical science – “endo-ecological rehabilitation”. He developed effective methods of “one day” medical treatment and health improvement.
RosNOU Vice-rector, Professor Minaev V.A. and Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences Fadeev A.O. have developed methods of estimation and forecasting geo-ecological catastrophes (earthquakes, landslips and so on).
The Director of RosNOU Security Systems and Technology Institute, Professor Dvoryankin S.V. is the co-author of two inventions: the intellectual security server and the technology of video imagestransmission with unstable communication channels.
The Vice Director of the Institute V.P. Khrenov discovered laws of prime numbers formation, the problem he was the first to solve since the ancient times.
IT specialists of RosNOU have developed the University corporate information system “Vector” and the e-education system for the University branches. Microsoft and Croc companies are the University strategic partners in further improvement of the corporate information system “Vector”.
RosNOU Scientific and Innovation Division is the owner of inventions in nanotechnology and power engineering. Our scholars invented and developed:
- Method of DNA introduction into vegetable and animal cells by means of carbonic nanotubes
- Sizing compositions containing nanotubes that add to sizing capacity; the composition can be used to size Teflon
- Production technology of nanotubes containing fibers for industrial needs (for military production, tyre production and some others)
- Composition of nanomembranes, catalysts, nanometers, nanosensors, bio- and chemical meters to purify liquid and gas media
- Production technology of wind energy panels. A part of energy consumed by RosNOU is produced at its own wind energy plant.
105005, Moscow, Radio st.. 22
Telephones: +7 495 727-35-35, +7 495 925-03-88