With assistance from HEIFER International Bangladesh, Pally Bikash Kendra is going to recruit following positions for Achieving Sustainable Livelihood (ASL) project which is a four years’ duration and that will support the participants for achieving sustainable livelihoods through beef and goat value chain interventions. This position is a field based contractual and subject to availability of expansion. ASL Project designed to implement in Union:-Shimulkandi. Upazilla:-Bhairab, District:-Kishoregonj by Pally Bikash Kendra. Interested candidates fulfilling the following requirements are requested to apply for the “Technical Officer” position.
- Provide technical guidance to CFs for implementing agriculture, poultry and livestock related activities for improving household production of the project participants
- Build capacity of the field team particularly with CFs, CAVEs, and participants for better production skill and ensure implementation of those.
- Identify the technical issues of production and marketing of vegetable, poultry and livestock product and provide support to CFs at field level
- Ensure practice of improved production technology for livestock and poultry i.e housing, feeding, fodder cultivation, disease prevention and breed improvement.
- Develop enterprises of goat, dairy and cattle fattening at SHGs level.
- Ensure technical support to the project participants for reducing livestock mortality and strengthening CAVE services at community level.
- Assist to purchase the disease free and healthy animal for SHGs member
- Preserve update records on asset multiplication, mortality, number of enterprises in the field.
- Visit households and ensure household level animal production
- Organize animal health camp; ensure vaccination, de-worming and other technical services timely for improving livestock management;
- Assist Heifer program team in the field during field visit and share information, organize field visit of external visitor when necessary;
- Assist to prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports timely and write success story
- Maintain strong communication with Heifer program team particularly PM AWB
- Maintain liaison with Upazilla level stakeholders particularly Livestock Office, Agriculture Office, UP, and develop and manage partnership with private sectors and market actors
- Facilitate need based technical training and workshop with different stakeholders and POs.
- Attend business hub or POs meetings and discuss relevant technical issues and address problems overcoming strategies and guide for implementation of activities;
- Ensure CAVEs engagement with business hubs and assist to develop the market.
- Perform necessary instruction and additional responsibilities required from Heifer.
- Bachelor/Diploma in livestock/agriculture/social science from any recognized institution with minimum second class/ division or equivalent GPA/ CGPA in all academic examinations
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in developing IGA, small entrepreneurship and value chain on agriculture and livestock areas.
Consolidated Monthly Salary 20,000 for the desired candidate
Job Location: Union:-Shimulkandi. Upazilla:-Bhairab, District:-Kishoreganj
If you have the above requirements, please send your application along with your latest CV with two references and a recent passport size photo to Pally Bikash Kendra, 27/C, Asad Avenue, Block-E, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh.
Last Date of Application: January 25, 2017