North South University awards financial aid in the form of full/partial tuition waiver only to the deserving students who achieve and maintain outstanding academic track records as mentioned below:
- Undergraduate applicants securing 1st and 2nd position in the NSU admission test get full tuition waiver (100%).
- GPA 5.00 (excluding 4th Subject) in either SSC or HSC and at least GPA 4.80 in the other (excluding 4th Subject) with satisfactory NSU Admission Test Performance.
- Candidates who earn 7 ‘A’s in O-level exams at a time and 3 ‘A’s in A-level having satisfactory NSU Admission Test Score.
- MBA and MPH applicants securing highest score in the NSU admission test are entitled to 50% tuition waiver upon admission.
- NSU graduates, with GPA 3.80 at undergraduate level would be entitled to 50% tuition waiver upon his/her admission in any graduate level students at NSU.
- General students of NSU seeking financial aid must fulfill the minimum criteria i.e. the undergraduate students must complete minimum 9 credits and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 and graduate students 3.25 with 6 Credits.
- Aid for Siblings: Financial assistance is also available for siblings i.e. if two brothers or two sisters or one brother and one sister, whatever may be the case, have been studying at NSU, they would be entitled to 25% tuition waiver each subject to eligibility and they must apply formally during usual aid process.
- Freedom Fighter quota: Students availing freedom fighter quota must apply formally enclosing with the following documents/details as per requirement of the Ministry of Liberation War Affairs:
a) Attested copy of ‘Shamoik Shonod’ or ‘BAMUSH Shonod’ of the freedom fighter.
b) Attested copy of Bangladesh Gazette of the freedom fighter.
c) Attested copy of ‘Muktibarta’ of the freedom fighter.
d) Attested copy of the National ID/ Birth certificate of freedom fighter.
- The minimum eligibility for applying and to maintain financial aid, the undergraduate students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 and graduate students 3.25.
- The recipients of 50% and 75% tuition waiver will have to maintain a GPA of 3.00 to continue tuition waiver (applicable for fresh aid recipients of Fall 2014 and onwards).
- Undergraduate students must complete minimum 9 credits without non-credit course and Graduate students 6 credits to apply for financial assistance.
- An undergraduate financial aid recipient must register for at least 24 (Twenty four) credits and graduate students 18 credits in a year with effect from the semester of his/her receiving financial assistance.
- If the waiver recipients withdraw any course or duly drop a semester, whatever may be the case, s/he would not get any benefit beyond the approved period for financial aid. That is, financial waiver would strictly be limited to 12 (twelve) semesters for students of all undergraduate programs except Bachelor in Pharmacy and Bachelor of Architecture, which is of 8 (eight) semesters and 16 (sixteen) semesters program respectively; For graduate program of MBA, this duration is 6 (six) semester, MS ECO, MS in CSC/CSE/ETE/EEE/CEG, MDS, MREM/M.PHARM. EMBA, MPH/EMPH, MA in English, MBT, MSEM is limited to 5 (five) semesters, with effect from the semester of his/her first admission. The financial aid would automatically be discontinued after this
- Financial aid will discontinue with immediate effect if you are delinquent in any way or if your GPA is less than the requirement or on completion of your required credits for degree. Also, the aid shall automatically discontinue for unauthorized absence in any semester by the student. In any case, revival of such assistance might be considered on receipt of fresh application from the student in due course. In case of Semester drop, the student must apply to the Registrar through the respective department Chair/Head. They should also submit a copy of the said application to FAO for information.
- Financial Aid would not be extended to ‘Retake’ any course i.e. if a student retakes any course, he would pay full tuition fee for that particular subject.
- Applicants should apply in prescribed form along with necessary papers/documents as applicable on time.
- The applicant of financial aid must be accompanied by his/her parent(s) or guardian or a representative of the parents during interview.
- The student (General applicants) must complete Registration before they appear for interview. FAO will not be liable for their late registration.
- Undergraduate and graduate recipients who are wards of freedom fighter must register for at least 27 credits in a year with effect from the semester of his/her receiving financial assistance else their waiver facility would be seized. Also, they must maintain a GPA of 2.75 at Undergraduate and GPA 3.00 at Graduate level studies.
- Financial assistance shall not be extended to courses that are extra to the degree requirement i.e. no tuition waiver is applicable beyond the approved credits for degree.
- Financial assistance may be extended for courses that are not part of the degree but pre-requisites for courses required for a degree i.e. ENG-102, MAT-112 and
- Financial assistance shall be discontinued as soon as the recipient fulfills the credit requirements for degree under the different programs run by NSU.
Once you have been awarded financial aid, you must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress in your academic calendar at NSU in order to maintain your tuition waiver. As a general rules, undergraduate/graduate students are considered to hold satisfactory academic progress if they achieve and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 (for undergraduate program) and 3.25 (Graduate Program) respectively. The recipients of 50% and 75% tuition waiver will have to maintain a GPA of 3.00 to continue tuition waiver (applicable for fresh aid recipients of Fall 2014 and onwards). 100% financial aid recipients (meritorious students) must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.25 or above. Students should also fulfill other conditions to enjoy financial aid. Financial aid facility once discontinued, the student may reapply for financial aid as a fresh applicant. Financial aid will automatically be renewed if s/he fulfills the criteria of financial aid requirements. Financial aid recipients can also apply for enhancement of their financial waiver.