Post: Officer-Agricultural Research and Development (RP12016)
No. of Vacancies: 1
Job Description / Responsibility
HarvestPlus leads a global effort to improve nutrition and public health by developing and disseminating on stable food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals. The initial target micronutrients are iron, zinc and vitamin A. HarvestPlus works with public and private sector partners in more than 40 countries. HarvestPlus is a part of the CGIAR Research Program on agriculture for nutrition and health. The HarvestPlus program is coordinated by the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). HarvestPlus Bangladesh (HPBD) deals with the development and delivery of High Zinc Rice varieties to the people of the country for a significant impact on improved nutritional status. HarvestPlus Bangladesh has been working in Bangladesh since 2013.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Manager- Program Coordination provide research support, including the collection, collation and maintenance of data. Assist in the dissemination of knowledge and training of stakeholders/beneficiaries. Develop networks of partnerships with target audience and stakeholders. Assist in the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of project/activities.
PROVIDE RESEARCH SUPPORT (DATA COLLECTION, COLLATION AND MAINTENANCE) TO PROGRAM LEADER/PROJECT MANAGER/ SCIENTISTS IN THE FIELD OF ZINC ENRICHED RICE PRODUCTION
- Conduct and facilitate trials; including data gathering and field validation related to zinc enriched rice
- Assist in the development and pre-testing of questionnaires for surveys and experiments on zinc enriched rice production
- Carry out needs assessments on zinc enriched rice production, trial and studies.
- Collect and clean data on zinc enriched rice production and survey and enter data into database
- Maintain database and records on zinc enriched rice production and its technologies, research etc.
- Review and verify data and communicate with supervisors.
ASSIST IN KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND TRAINING
- Assist in the identification of training needs for farmers, technicians, land owners and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical inputs and knowledge to NGOs, farmers and other beneficiaries
- Conduct focus group discussions and meetings with organized farmers groups on zinc enriched rice production
- Conduct practical demonstrations/field days, (informal) trainings for partners/farmers/communities
- Contribute to the development of training manuals
- Assist with farmer meetings to ensure zinc enriched rice production
ASSIST IN COORDINATION AND PARTNERSHIP BUILDING
- Organize meetings with various stakeholders and partners to discuss, streamline and implement zinc enriched rice production
- Forming partnership with a wide range clientele including farmers, NGOs, private and public sector organizations ans scientist of specific area.
ASSIST IN MONITORING, EVALUATION AND REPORTING
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Creating and maintaining database to use by the others researcher with organization acknowledgement.
- Provide inputs to quarterly and annual progress reports
- Assist in data collection of effectiveness studies, marketing advocacy, monitoring, learning and action.
PERFORM ANY OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY SUPERVISOR FROM TIME TO TIME.
Job Nature: Full-time
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural science or related field with minimum of 3 years work experience in agricultural farming systems, Agricultural research field; or
- Master’s degree in Agricultural science or related field with minimum of 1 year work experience in agricultural farming systems, Agricultural research field
- at least 1 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s): Research
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Agro based firms (incl. Agro Processing/Seed/GM), Development Agency, Research Organization
Additional Job Requirements
- Has working experience with national and international organizations related to Agriculture
- Has good oral and written communication skills
- Has good organization and interpersonal skills
- Is computer literate in MS office and statistical data analysis and report writing
- Has proven skills in data analysis using statistical software package
- Has experience with monitoring and documentation of fields activities
- Has experience in motorcycle driving
- Has work experience related to development
- Willing to travel extensively
Job Location: Anywhere in Bangladesh
Salary Range: Negotiable
- Base Salary Range (29,469.00 – 53,958.00) BDT/ per month
- Housing Allowance: 30% of base pay per month, Transport Allowance: 10000.00 BDT, Festival Bonus: 2 times each year, Retirement Fund, Returning Mother Allowance: BDT-1,000 per month for 9 months to female employees post-delivery of a baby to support return to the workplace, Medical insurance coverage: maximum US$16,000/year and other admissible benefits