01. The padma abounds ___hilsha fish.
A. with B. in C. of D. on
Correct Answer: with
02. Which is the most frequently used English word in writing ?
A. and B. the C. to D. a
Correct Answer: the
03. We locked up our valuables so that they would not ____.
A. go astray B. run amok C. fall into arrears D. fall in trouble
Correct Answer: go astray
04. What is the opposited of kind –hearted____.
A. ill-natured B. tender-hearted C. generous D. benign
Correct Answer: ill-natured
05. None but the brave ___ the fair.
A. demands B. declars C. deludes D. deserves
Correct Answer: deserves
06. Which author came up with the advertising slogan ‘Guinness is good for you’?
A. Virginia Woolf
B. Margery Allingham
C. Dorothy B.Sayer
D. Agatha Christie
Correct Answer: Dorothy B.Sayer
07. What was the nationality of Oscar Wilde?
A. Irish B. Scottish C. French D. English
Correct Answer: Irish
08. Which book by Charles Dickens is set during the French Revolution ?
A. Bleak House B. A Christmas carol C. Hard times D. tale of two cities
Correct Answer: tale of two cities
09. Who wrote the play ‘Man and Superman’?
A. H.Ibsen B. A.Bennett C. J.Galsworthy D. G.B.Shaw
Correct Answer: G.B.Shaw
10. Who wrote ‘For whom the Bell Tolls’?
A. Norman Mailer B. Ernest Hemingway C. F Scott Fitzgerald D. John Irivng
Correct Answer: Ernest Hemingway