01. ‘A black leg’ is a person who_
A. is black
B. is quarrelsome
C. works when his/her colleagues are on strike
D. is unpopular
Correct Answer: works when his/her colleagues are on strike
02. The boys used to like ___ and ____ model aeroplanes.
A. making, flying
B. to making, to flying
C. make, fly
D. to make, to flying
Correct Answer: making, flying
03. The word ‘apparent’ is a/an____.
Correct Answer: adjective
04. “My love is like a red, red rose” is an example of a ____.
Correct Answer: simile
05. Choose the correct sentence.
A. Neither the students nor their teacher were present.
B. Neither the students nor his teachers were present.
C. Neither the students nor their teacher was present.
D. Neither the students or their teachers were present.
Correct Answer: Neither the students nor their teacher was present.
06. I ____ a new house last year, but I ___ my old house yet.
A. have bought, have not sold
B. bought, did not sell
C. bought, sold
D. bought, have not sold
Correct Answer: bought, have not sold
07. Name the book which opens with the line ‘All children, except one grew up’?
A. The Railway Children
B. Winnie the poor
C. Jungle book
D. Peter Pan
Correct Answer: Peter Pan
08. Which is the first Harry Potter book ?
A. HP and the Goblet of Fire
B. HP and the Philosopher’s stone
C. HP and the Chamber of Secrets
D. HP and the Valley of Death
Correct Answer: HP and the Philosopher’s stone
09. ‘I shall join the army’ এখানে ‘army’ শব্দটি কোন প্রকার noun ?
A. Material noun
B. proper noun
C. common noun
D. collective noun
Correct Answer: common noun
10. What is the synonym of ‘Predestine’ ?
Correct Answer: Foreordain