• Planning, directing and managing sales team to acquire New Business and deepen existing customer relationship for the speciality product family or customer segment handled.
• Formulating sales strategies.
• Build adequate control and MIS capability of Sales team.
• Create & maintain existing EB relationships
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• To achieve set targets in terms of number of accounts & sales volume for New Business
• To increase the customer base.
• Control over cost and maintain cost income ratio of New Business
• To sell respective products & achieve set targets.
• To help and organise sales promotions (campaigns, presentations, seminars, exhibitions etc.) in co-ordination with other Senior Sales Manager/Sales Manager/ Sales Officer
Operations & Control :
• Ensure consistency of communication with staff on compliance requirements and non negotiable standards.
• Ensure that effective processes and controls are in place with clear responsibility and accountability for the prevention of money laundering, mis-selling, mis-presentation, fraud & customer protection in line with Group policy and standards.
• Maintain good relationship with local Legal and Compliance in order to address any related regulatory issue.
• Monitor the quality and completeness of applications sourced by BDOs.
• Ensure verification on payment of BDO’s incentive
• Ensure recruitment & training of BDOs as applicable standard.
• Ensure efficiency of operations.
• Appropriate planning to reduce attrition and maintain proper headcount to attain sales targets
Expense Control & MIS :
• Ensure that any or all expenses for Client Acquisition are processed as per policy and with due diligence.
• Ensure that teams are operating within agreed cost budget.
• Ensure daily reports are done accurately and on timely basis.
Health & Safety:
• Ensure escalation of H&S related issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure awareness of H&A related issues among team members.
• To capitalize on cross-sell opportunities
• To help and organize sales promotions
• To drive motivation and inspire respective sales force to achieve their planned sales activities and targets
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum graduate from a reputed institution
• At least 6 years of relevant experience in sales and service ideally in banking area
• Leadership skills to lead and motivate a team of sales people.
• Strong selling and inter-personal skills required convincing customers and selling bank products.
• Creativity in terms of meeting customer demands with existing products.
• Initiative and drive to achieve set targets and service standards.
• Organisation skills (Campaigns, Promotions, Mail shots, seminars etc.)
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
– You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
– Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
– We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 03/05/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.