Position: Director, Finance & Accounts
No of Vacancy: 01
- Formulate financial strategies of Stichting BRAC International and BRAC International Holdings BV, contributing to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organisation.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports to the stakeholders of Stichting BRAC International and BRAC International Holdings BV by following International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Assist the Executive Director and the Chief Financial Officer with financial reporting as required at board meeting.
- Responsible for completion of the annual audit for BRAC International countries and liaise with the boards about the findings.
- Discuss audit issues with the auditors and follow up with country team on the implementation by working closely with foreign investors, donors, external auditors, foreign counsels and regulatory bodies, board membership in various BRAC entities.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, donor fund management, and petty cash for BRAC
- International countries in order to minimize the financial risk; analyse financial change in the environment and advise accordingly to the management.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal controls, financial and accounting policies and procedures of BRAC International countries.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer and plan for execution of the budgets for BRAC International countries.
- Monitor all legislation relevant to the organisation and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organisation is compliant.
- Review financial reports of donor funds, attend donor/lender meetings and take necessary steps to implement the recommendations regarding financial nature.
- Review and implement the finance and accounting module of the ERP Software.
- Develop successors and strengthen the finance and accounts team of BRAC International countries.
- Provide consultation to various programmes/departments/division regarding financial policies and procedures of BRAC International.
BBA/MBA (Degree from foreign university specially USA and/or UK will be an added advantage)
Recognized Professional Qualification on Finance and Accounting such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), USA, or Chartered Accountants of ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) or Chartered Management Accountants, UK
At least 15 years of experience in Finance and Accounts with at least 7 years in a leadership role
Experience in development sector will be preferred.
Experience in INGO with multiple country orientation will be an added advantage.
Additional Job Requirements:
Experience with managing teams of culturally diverse employees, capacity building and training finance staff
Experience in complex accounting and finance system, including reporting, budgeting, audit and compliance
Ability to work effectively in groups and independently; demonstrated initiative and creativity when solving problems
Proven track record of success in managing large complex projects and financial systems in overseas or domestic settings in a bank, finance company or large microfinance institution and setting up and managing inter-company transactions
Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be seen as a team player that is committed to lifelong learning.
An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
Strong commitment to developing and helping team members in various sectors.
Willing to travel both within and outside country
Age Range: N/A
Salary Range: Negotiable
Job Location: BRAC International Head Office, Dhaka
Other Way to Apply: External candidates need to apply online through careers.brac.net or email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 37/15 in the subject bar. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Last Apply Date: 30/Nov/2015
Online apply: http://careers.brac.net/Presentation/ViewJobDetailsNW.aspx?type=2015080501