|Aarong is one of the largest social enterprises of BRAC established in 1978 as retail chain that is making a significant contribution to the local economy through the creation of market linkage, entrepreneurs and employment opportunities. Aarong offers a fair price to the rural suppliers and artisans while introducing the products to urban markets where both demand and consumers’ willingness to pay the highest. Today, Aarong has transformed into a high surplus generating enterprise, operating as one of the largest lifestyle retailers in Bangladesh. Aarong invites applications for the following position:|
Position: Assistant General Manager, HR
Job Description / Responsibility
- Lead the HR team and oversee the overall HR functions
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Assist senior management to implement the change management initiatives in Aarong and Ayesha Abed Foundation (AAF)
- Reviewing organization chart and provide HR guidance to the business/department heads for restructuring and workforce planning
- Assist and coordinate the progress of recruitment and selection process as per AMP of the business
- Administer performance management program, providing regular training for managers and ensuring appraisals are completed on regular basis and meet company standards
- Coordinate between all business/department heads regarding people management function and provide necessary feedback and support to maintain a satisfactory level of performance
- Assist to develop compensation and benefit strategy to maintain pay plan and benefit program
- Coordinate with the concern team to ensure TNA and Training program to meet short and long term objective of the business
- Assist to develop and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Deal with grievance related issues in a legally compliant way
- BBA / MBA major in HRM or Masters in closely related subject from any reputed university
- Post Graduate diploma in HRM will be preferred
- 3rd division/ Class/ CGPA below 2.0 in any academic examinations will not be considered.
- 8-10 years of job experience in local or multinational company where at least 5 years in managerial position
Additional Job Requirements
- Age not more than 40 years.
- Must have knowledge on Bangladesh Labor Law, Strategic Human Resource Management, Change Management and Performance Management System.
- Ability to recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develop team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and conflict mediation skills.
- Must project and uphold the highest ethical standards and have demonstrated leadership ability.
Salary Range: Negotiable
Other Benefits: PF, Gratuity, Health Insurance, Bonus etc.
Job Location: Dhaka
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please send your CV along with a letter of interest outlining your vision for the role to Human Resource Department, Aarong, Aarong Centre, 346, Tejgaon (I/A), Dhaka-1208 or apply electronically to [email protected] writing ‘Application for Assistant General Manager, HR’ at the subject line. Envelope should be marked at the top for the position applied. Applications will be received till September 22, 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.